One-on-one support to build or rebuild your credit score.
Working Credit NFP is a not-for-profit organization that can help you build and sustain a strong credit score. Our counselors work with you one-on-one to help you learn how the credit system works, fix your specific credit situation, and create a personalized Credit Action Plan. Use the power of credit to make changes that last.
You can change your financial situation.
Credit repair or debt settlement (also known as debt relief) companies can seem like the only choice. What many people don’t know is that credit repair and debt settlement companies get sued regularly by federal and state agencies for making false promises and claims. Both charge excessive fees, and debt settlement companies can do real damage to your credit. Working Credit is different.
- Tackle your debt without damaging your credit
- Get the best interest rates on car loans and credit cards
- Qualify for a mortgage or refinance at a lower rate
- Rent the apartment or house you want
- Build a safety net of available credit for emergencies
Not an app, not an algorithm. One-on-one support.
You can learn the rules of the credit system and use the rules to change your financial situation. And we’re here with as much support as you need along the way. Work one-on-one with a counselor to build and sustain a great score based on your personal goals.
Help employees keep more of their earnings.
Round out your benefits package with employee credit building. We’ve seen firsthand that good credit is fundamental to financial wellness and resiliency. We partner with your employees to help them learn the rules of the credit system and use that knowledge to build and sustain a strong credit score.
- Better rates on car loans, mortgages, and credit cards
- Access better rental housing or ability to own a home
- A buffer of available credit for emergencies
- The ability to participate in employee savings programs
- Fewer requests for 401(k)/403(b) loans and hardship withdrawals
- Fewer wage garnishments
- More participation in 401(k)/403(b) plans
- Employees who can withstand financial emergencies
Partnerships that lift the community.
We partner with higher learning institutions, municipal governments, and nonprofits to offer credit building and financial tools to their communities. Whether it’s through workshops, one-on-one counseling, or credit check-ups, we can help you open the door to opportunity with your initiatives.